Currently, I’m employed as a Health, Safety & Environmental Training Coordinator and Instructor for an International Drilling Company namely KCA Deutag.
To date I have been the HSE-Training Coordinator for our operation. Client focussed with a desire to ensure quality and deliverables are met. I report directly to corporate management in Dubai and Germany and coordinate the rigs competence program and instruct in our Approved rig trainings, first aid and fire fighting to our team. In addition, I’m a certified Level 3 instructor (City & Guilds), Fire Marshal Instructor, First Aid Instructor & Assessor (Adult & Paediatric) and Automated External Defibrillation Instructor.
· Instruct and train rig crew members
· Achieved leading operational training & competence records within Nigeria operation (6 drilling rigs). A total of 1,905,671 KCA Deutag man hours were expended during this period and 862,510 KCA Deutag sub-contractor hours with an output of:
o 100% mandatory training
o Above 80% in Skill and Approved Rig Training
o Above 80% in IADC Accredited Competence program
· Completed 2 Rig Start up training for new rig crew members.
· Training of 3 Rig’s emergencies team in Basic Fire Fighting and First Aid
· Coordinate KCADEUTAG IWCF School for IWCF Training & Assessment.
· Maintain employee training data in SAP.
Other Areas of operation in which I manage (but not limited to) are as follows:
Management of all safety statistics, identifying safe and unsafe act or conditions.
Act as team member in major accident investigations.
Design and develop HSSE Plan for rig operations.
Prepare safety cases and HSE Tenders for future business opportunities.
Act as team member to audit company to ensure we are compliant within ISO 9001.
Manage Dropped object prevention system
DROPS Inspector and survey.
Program MS Office applications
Program with Java & .Net Applications
Develop Training Matrix in line with operational needs and budget.
Work within our companies “Think-Tank Team” to identify uncertainty in profits or danger of loss and identify events that could pose a risk due to some unforeseen circumstances in the future, that could potentially cause the business to fail.
Interfacing and interacting with multi-culture companies and International clients from design phase through to project and final production.
Available to travel when required and very energetic in my approach to work.