INTRODUCTION TO OHSAS 18001:2007
This course gives an overview of OHSAS 18001 and how this standard can help increase health and safety conformity within your organisation and reduce the number of incidents. Filled with videos, case studies and white papers, this course will increase your awareness and knowledge of OHSAS 18001.
OHSAS 1800:2007 Occupational, Health and Safety Management Certification is an international standard which provides a framework to identify, control and decrease the risks associated with health and safety within your company. Implementing the standard will send a clear signal to your stakeholders that you view employee’s health and safety as a principal priority within your company.
An increasing number of organisations are completing OHSAS 18001 Certification as employers are under increasing pressure to ensure that a rigorous health and safety policy is in place which protects employees against possible occupational risks and reduces the likelihood of accidents in the workplace. By planning ahead a company can also reduce the potential for medical and compensation claims.
The OHSAS 18001 standard provides organisations with a framework for health and safety management helping them to:
- Identify, minimise and control health and safety risks
- Conform to health and safety legislation
- Protect the well being of employees.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001
Certification to OHSAS 18001 occupational health and safety management systems signals to your clients and stakeholders that your organisation is committed to protecting the needs of all your stakeholders.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 Certification – Health and Safety Certification
- Improved corporate image and credibility among stake holders, regulators, customers, prospective clients and the public
- Adoption of international best practice in relation to risk management
- Ensures health and well-being of employees, sub-contractors and the public
- Minimisation of liability of employers through adoption of proactive rather than reactive controls
- Ensures legislative awareness and compliance
- Reduces accident and incident rates by reducing and elimination workplace hazards
- Improves the incident investigation process
- Increases employee motivation through the provision of a safer workplace and participation process
Course Content & Lessons
The free online OHSAS 18001 introductory training course covers the following areas and lesson topics. This course includes videos, case studies and some short questionnaires to deliver an overview of the OHSAS 18001 standard. The case study used in this course is from our client, Cornerstone Automation Systems.