INTRODUCTION TO ISO 14001:2004
The introduction to ISO 14001 course is filled with videos and case studies to give you an overview and understanding of the international environmental management standard. It is free to take and we hope it gives you a better understanding of the standard.
The ISO 14001 Environment Management System (EMS) standard is an internationally recognised environmental management standard which was first published in 1996. It is a systematic framework to manage the immediate and long term environmental impacts of an organisation’s products, services and processes. Certification Europe is accredited to certify your environmental management system to the ISO 14001 standard.
ISO 14001 is part of the ISO 14000 series and forms the cornerstone of the family of standards. ISO 14001 environmental certification provides a framework for environmental management best practice to help organisations:
- minimise their environmental footprint
- diminish the risk of pollution incidents
- provides operational improvements
- ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation, and
- develop their business in a sustainable manner
Benefits of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems Certification
By completing ISO 14001 certification your organisation can assure stakeholders that your environmental management system (EMS) meets international industry specific environmental standards. Every company large and small; industrial, manufacturing, services, or trade related had an impact on the environment and can therefore benefit from ISO 14001 certification.
Key benefits of the ISO 14001 standard include:
- Identify cost savings with greater emphasis on resource, waste and energy management
- Develop the corporate image and credibility
- Quantify, monitor and control the impact of operations on the environment, now and in the future
- Ensure legislative awareness and compliance
- Improve environmental performance of supply chain
- Protect the company, assets, shareholders and directors
- Potentially decrease public liability insurance costs for your organisation
- Grow your access to business partners and potential customers
Course Content & Lessons
The free online Introduction to ISO 14001 training course covers the following areas and lesson topics. This course includes videos, case studies and some short questionnaires to deliver an overview of the ISO 14001 standard. The case study used in this course is from our client,Dawn Meats.